Minimize Erosion and Sediment Runoff
StrawWattle Rolls are made with straw. When they are placed on the face of slopes, they intercept stormwater runoff, reduce its flow velocity, release the runoff as sheet flow, and provide removal of sediment from the runoff. By interrupting the length of a slope, the roll can also reduce erosion.
- Use instead of silt fence to reduce erosion at construction sites - stops sediment and other debris from entering retentions ponds, lakes and other water bodies.
- Environmentally-friendly - units can be left in place to eventually "mulch in" with surrounding environment.
- Less intrusive and conspicuous than silt fence - perfect for use in ongoing residential and commercial construction projects.
- Installation is quick and easy - simply dig shallow trench and stake in place.
- Can be used as check dams to reduce water velocity.
- Requires no maintenance or upkeep.
- Helps comply with NPDES, 40 CFR 122.26 (1999).